These relays have the advantages of electronic systems and build a more detailed thermal image of the motor. Using a template with the motor’s thermal time constants, the system continuously calculates the motor temperature based on the current crossing it and operating time.
Electronic overload relays are less sensitive to the thermal conditions where they are installed.
Electronic overload relays can include options such as:
- PTC probe temperature control
- protection against locking and overtorques
- protection against phase inversion
- protection against insulation faults
- protection against no-load operation